Skip to Content

SOAP Receiver - 500 Internal server Error in SAP PO 7.5

Hi All,

We have migrated one interface from SAP PI to PO.

This is a synchronous interface, we get the Request from the external webservice to PO and after processing, interface has to send the response back to the webservice.

SOAP Sender >PO > SOAP Receiver

The interface is working fine in PI 7.1 but the same configuration is not working in PO 7.5.

Error:

SOAP: Error occurred: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

We have checked the firewall settings and the certificates, content type and everything seems to be fine.

Please give me some inputs to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Tinu

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Dec 15, 2017 at 02:17 PM

    Hi Tinu,

    As per the content type error, I think that you are getting an HTML as a response from the target system. I would check the receiver channel and the authentication.

    Shall the error continues, you can use the tcpgateway to trace the request/response.

    Best regards,

    Ariel Bravo Ayala

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Ariel,

      We have checked the port and it is open, and we are also getting the traffic from the external system.

      How do we need to check if the content type that we are sending and the receiving system are same? I compared both PI and PO channels and both have the same settings.

      Thanks,

      Tinu

  • Dec 15, 2017 at 10:13 AM

    Hi Tinu,

    First you should make sure that your flow really works. Please use SoapUI to perform some tests. Generate the WSDL file on PO and use it to create a project in SoapUI. Then modify the URL and put there your internal, local PO host name (or local IP). Perform a test. If you would receive the same error, then you would know it's not related to your firewall, certificates, etc. There is something wrong with your flow.

    On the other hand, if there wouldn't be any errors then you would know that your flow is fine. Please disconnect from your local, internal network and connect to the network where you have a problem (the Internet? you can use your mobile phone, just make sure that this time you will be using your firewall). Please don't forget to change the PO host name to the original one in your URL. Perform a test using this configuration. Is it working or not? If not, then you will know it's related to your firewall configuration, certificates, etc. If it would be working then maybe someone, who tested it before, was using an incorrect URL (port?) or did an other mistake.

    Regards,

    Andrzej

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Tinu,

      I thought your sender couldn't connect with PO. Now as I understand your PO can't send messages to the receiver. Could you please check if there are any details related to this error message you received? Are you able to check the receiver side? What is it? An SAP system? Are you using ABAP proxy objects? Any errors there? Dumps?

      BTW, are you sure that your receiver SOAP com. channel has the correct configuration?

      Regards,

      Andrzej

  • Dec 15, 2017 at 07:05 PM

    Hi Tinu!

    I would suggest to enable HTTP tracing in your receiver channel and to check that logs for response message contents.

    Regards, Evgeniy.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Evgeniy,

      We are using a WSDL for the request and response mapping and we have not created a message type.

      We checked in SOAP UI and this is the response we are getting,

      <SOAP:Fault>
      <faultcode>SOAP:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>
      <detail>
      <s:SystemError xmlns:s="http://sap.com/xi/WebService/xi2.0">
      <context>XIAdapter</context>
      <code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>
      <text>See log trace with id: n/a</text>
      </s:SystemError>

      Empty payload is getting created for the response mapping.

      Thanks,

      Tinu

  • Dec 18, 2017 at 03:30 AM

    Hello Tinu.

    If all the settings are fine specially content type,Just try restarting the channel once.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM

    Hi Tinu,

    First check connectivity is working fine or not, you can perform telnet from your app sever to the target. It seems service is not able to ping target, also you can check URL credentials maintained correct at your end. Try to access target URL first through your server browser.

    Regards,

    Samir

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded