Skip to Content
0

NW 7.5 new installation Fail: No Software Component Archives (SCAs) were found

Dec 15, 2017 at 08:12 AM

107

avatar image

Hi,

I am doing a fresh install of Netweaver 7.5 for Application Server Java with Adobe Document Services. Install is a Standard System with Microsoft SQL Server DB.

At phase "Prepare Deployment" the installation finishes with the error "No Software Component Archives (SCAs) were found for product instance application server java"

I have attached the sapinst-dev.txt

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

Best Regards,

Johan

sapinst-dev.txt (138.5 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Best Answer
Johan Nordebrink Dec 15, 2017 at 10:01 AM
0

Hi Milen,

Thank you for answering.

I think you have a point. I cross-checked and then I realized that the last log file message before the error is about J2EE-APPS and
when I check in the directory where it is searching I don't have that SCA file available.

TRACE 2017-12-14 21:21:10.207 (ENCNET\CNSZ1_S_MES) NWProductVersionDescriptorHelper._getSCAsFromRegularExpression(J2EE-APPS**_*.SCA, Node(DIRECTORY/D:/China Upgrade/Fresh Install/SAP Netweaver 7.5 Java/51050829/DATA_UNITS/JAVA_J2EE_OSINDEP_UT)) TRACE 2017-12-14 21:21:10.382 (ENCNET\CNSZ1_S_MES) NWProductVersionDescriptorHelper._getSCAsFromRegularExpression() no SCA found in Node(DIRECTORY/D:/China Upgrade/Fresh Install/SAP Netweaver 7.5 Java/51050829/DATA_UNITS/JAVA_J2EE_OSINDEP_UT) which match J2EE-APPS**_*.SCA.

Though now I am a bit wiser, but I cannot understand why the J2EE-APPS is missing and how I should fix the situation.

Best regards,

Johan

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I solved the issue. It was the J2EE-APPS SCA file that was missing in the installation package. Probably something wrong when copying it to the server. I copied the file from the downloaded archived and then installation continued.

Best regards,

Johan

0
Prithviraj Rajpurohit Dec 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM
0

Hi Johan,

The path to the SCA has spaces in it, would you please give a try by replacing then with underscrore "_"

DIRECTORY D:/China Upgrade/Fresh Install/SAP Netweaver 7.5 Java/

Something like this DIRECTORY D:/China_Upgrade/Fresh_Install/SAP_Netweaver_7_5_Java/, if that helps.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Milen Dontcheff
Dec 15, 2017 at 09:15 AM
0

Hello Johan,

According to the logs many of the names of the SCA have been reported to have

**_*

in the string name. This is not normal. Would you please cross check the names in the folder where the SCAs have been stored.

Regards,

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded