Skip to Content

Fetch entity: no error but response is empty

Hi,

I have a weird issue when I fetch one of my entities: I don't have any error but the response is empty (I enabled trace logging to see what was going on).

{
  "d":
  {
    "results": []
  }
}

The thing is, this used to work just fine.

When I execute the same request in the backend (GW client), I get the expected result. When I test the destination in the mobile services dev & ops and select the same entity, I also get some data. I also used the assistant to re-generate the proxy classes. I have a master detail app generated with the assistant and the response is also empty for this entity but everything seems to work just fine for the other entities.

How am I supposed to debug this? :-)

Cheers,

Pierre

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Dec 07, 2017 at 02:02 PM

    Pierre,

    Sounds odd... I'd try to turn on all the debugging flags for SAPOData - see https://help.sap.com/doc/978e4f6c968c4cc5a30f9d324aa4b1d7/Latest/en-US/Documents/Frameworks/SAPOData/index.html, section "Debugging"

    Maybe there's something unexpected in the request that we're producing?

    Andreas

    Logger.shared(named: "SAP.OData").logLevel = .debug
    
        service.traceRequests = true
        service.prettyTracing = true
        service.traceWithData = true
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Pierre,

      Is it possible for you to post the complete log for this request? In particular all the headers etc. that we send to the backend.
      If you can find server logs in the Mobile Services Cockpit under Analytics->Logs that belong to that request, would be great if you can share them too.

      Thanks
      Andreas

  • Dec 13, 2017 at 01:56 PM

    Andreas Schlosser here's what I have in the console:

    2017-12-13 14:49:50.567799+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Request: GET https://hcpms-xxxxxxxxxxxtrial.hanatrial.ondemand.com/mydestination/Entities?$select=*
    2017-12-13 14:49:50.569700+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Request Headers:
    {
      "Accept": "application/json",
      "DataServiceVersion": "2.0",
      "MaxDataServiceVersion": "2.0"
    }
    2017-12-13 14:49:50.575248+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Request Content:
    2017-12-13 14:49:52.142189+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Response: status code = 200, status text = no error, time = 1575 ms
    2017-12-13 14:49:52.142824+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Response Headers:
    {
      "Cache-Control": "no-store, no-cache",
      "Content-Encoding": "gzip",
      "Content-Length": "40",
      "Content-Type": "application/json;charset=utf-8",
      "Date": "Wed, 13 Dec 2017 13:49:52 GMT",
      "Server": "SAP",
      "Set-Cookie": "SMP_COOKIE_STORE_fc98b35aa4fd13f1e665daa3950801d_0=H4sIAAAAAAAAAL1S23KbMBD9F8_kLUlx7MZJZvqwQgILLBIBdoI7nQzGWNwMtrERptN_r2immeQD2hetdvfs7tHqfP85KMNtPHgYsMCDJ897vBlcDpqwOPUxyHjLMEOAxBmwAAagbA6OAAE6AIV3q85gCBh6DAaEpkAEuPAZhxSICZCACTgSWsAUGIeu95kEre-NOBCAvmEAUKgyDrrL8cXNBhaBFMLwkMj3SZ6a91JDSNpCxTCjFD1JisAnMwa5ibz6ESQNVTepy8CyqyVNmsgBHiEWUDTNdB3cSgdOZIRRzngtdR7gBecmkRZxfRIxVJkwnBM9Yf5cMzg13PP6xdEocZrV83C42hZa7BOfIfKGa5n9hlsXQYrQvCNzhujf3MzzQbIMWieLzk4XtBiDjYSzQMB80NbUBUr1FBboHJlEkJ6PYcsxhqQyFHLNkDB1b296dDXCnFjQkdnnXRA5hY9vzQ3G716wT0bMpy3rSOfgvHOMStJPO8kJcwNi6Leri5thGclny1uF1nxZK3erI0RpGKLsz17Paj4bjxVnMsughsRtm7tnL7JlECr0kt8lkHqZJazVROyAzqHd7SfT8b0c3wZiOqobX7tXn5n6TRdoF6O1ktsuPtRpfYzL4-BhExZ1fDlYV9swLZUEm_RwPIXFtUjW1_FuU1xHSV8RHhOV_KKudRydDvF7YdP3qlSl9uvyXdtK2a8e8Tz66FD8ak7x61dN-6DzKgknqd3YyW7Z6iU-Y0qrSckXm0MpMJqW1Z4EV6NTyFb0PzGuw93VqY4PUVUe4_b4gWufiYpUjf729oh_xOXHbwMMnmobBAAA; Expires=Tue, 08-Dec-2037 13:49:52 GMT; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly",
      "Strict-Transport-Security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains; preload",
      "X-SMP-LOG-CORRELATION-ID": "056b86f6-18ae-4e46-a17c-2869399583a2",
      "dataserviceversion": "2.0",
      "sap-metadata-last-modified": "Fri, 08 Dec 2017 13:38:15 GMT"
    }
    2017-12-13 14:49:52.146528+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Response Content: (pretty printed)
    {
      "d":
      {
        "results": []
      }
    }
    2017-12-13 14:49:52.147578+0100 Inventory[19622:4369040] [general] # SAP.OData.HTTP - DEBUG - (0x60000026e980) - SAP.OData.HTTP.Thread-7 - [ZEntities] Response: data length = 20 (unzipped)
    

    Cheers,

    Pierre

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Andreas,

      I just did and the data is successfully retrieved from the server when I do so.

      There's something wrong with this entity and the SDK but I can't find the issue. It just looks like the other entities, I can't find any meaningful difference in the metadata.

      Cheers,

      Pierre