Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

'no changes were made' error in LSMW for customer Master Data Upload

Hi all,

I am uploading customer master data using batch input recording lsmw. All Transactions are processed successfully but No changes are made and customers are not shown in the system(FD03). the point is that , once I delete vendor number field from my recording and excel file, it works.

I have tried uploading without vendor number and then updating vendor number by using another lsmw for changing master data. But again same problem happend with vendor number.

Could anyone help me solve this problem?

thanks in advance

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Dec 12, 2017 at 02:11 PM
    I just tested the recording and I can click the save button after entering a vendor number in the control view and it gets saved. If you just hit enter then you get of course to the next page if there are no other mandatory fields to fill.Can it be that you tried clicking the save button while you have a status message? Status messages have to be confirmed with ENTER before you can continue.I would actually expect that you receive on of the following messagesF2 291 Vendor &1 is currently unlinked and is updated accordingly F2 292 Vendor &1 currently refers to customer &2 Run your batch input in foreground and you will see how SAP responds and where it actually sticks
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 12, 2017 at 10:39 AM

    Are you updating/creating customers, with reference to some already existing vendors?

    • Did you check correct data format,
    • Did you check Customizing compliance (account groups, etc.)
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I have tried this recording on our old R3 system and there was no problem."changes have been made" message was shown at the end of recording as well.but in our ECC6 it shows "No changes were made". I just feel that there is something wrong about vendor number assignment to customer and it should be on customizing side, but can't get what it exactly is.Moreover I'm new to SAP and I'm working in FI module not much familiar with ABAP and I need more help and precised explanation from your side my expert friends:)