It is required to pay employees double their salaries if they work on a public holiday. Double the salary implies:
1) Basic Pay to be doubled for that day,
2) PF contribution to happen for this
3) All allowances to be doubled for that day
And these to be paid by their own Wage Types i.e. if 0100 is basic and his monthly basic is 3000, then in a 30 day month if he works for one public holiday his basic pay should be
0100 (Basic Pay) = Rs. 3100/-
In summary the resultant effect required for one-day work on a public holiday is paying the employee for 31 days in a 30-day month.
We are following negative time management, so how should I go about it:
1) If I capture this through Attendance IT2002, then how should I valuate it as required above?
2) OR is there some other way to do this ?