Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

WDA debugging not working after upgrade to EHP8

Hello Experts,

I am from the ABAP team.

I am not able to debug WDA from SE80/T-code with the ECC system after upgrade(EHP 8 SPS7 from ECC 6.0).

We have copied the data from Prod to our new system POC(Testing).

I have tried the below techniques,

1) T-code - SRDEBUG , to activate debugging
2) Activate debugging in SICF, it doesn't work in the system from T-code/SE80 but works from SICF when testing the service directly from SICF

3) Due to an SAP issue, all the non standard roles/authorizations values in table are not copied from Prod into POC system due to SUM2.0 SP00 issue. Note has been issued for this which will be done in the dev system but can this be an issue for not debugging in WDA ?

4) Note -> 1652108, I have gone through notes, the values are same as in the previous system too.

5) I have set the profile rdisp/tpda_for_ext = 1 in RZ10 too.

I am still unable to debug WDA after doing these.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 23, 2017 at 09:39 PM

    Hello Guys,

    You can check this

    Note 2536431 - Debugging with user breakpoints no longer works(There is a work around note too but this didn't help)

    But the solution is below,(Would require Basis help too)

    The reason the debugging was working from SICF when tested was because it was using the correct WDA URL(correct server name)

    In SE80/anywhere else when you test, the URL was different and referring to a Web dispatcher server of Production. This was set in the Production I guess.

    So to remove this we had to configure ICM/HOST_NAME_FULL with the server name (But this too was correct/already present)

    https://help.sap.com/viewer/0c333adb55cd4dbf8e92a5175703224c/7.5.9/en-US/483c5d3df7e771b9e10000000a421937.html

    But since we knew the server in the URL of WDA was Web dispatcher of Production,

    https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/d547ab30b6473ce10000000a114e5d/frameset.htm

    The table HTTPURLLOC had the Web dispatcher production server configured, so once we change the server/port to the POC server(guess we can also delete the entry and the value is picked up from ICM/HOST_NAME_FULL), we were able to get the debugger and the correct URL's were generated on WDA in POC system

    https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3439388

    Hope this is helpful to others who come across this scenario.

    Thanks,

    Nikhil

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 22, 2017 at 09:04 PM

    In your list you didn't include the simple way of debugging: setting a breakpoint in your code and testing the application from SE80.

    Might also be worth trying from Eclipse.

    Authorization may well be an issue. Try an auth trace or try with SAP_ALL to test this.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded