Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Hierarchies - Drill Up/Down doesn't work

Hello!

May be I am doing this incorrectly. I've followed Moya Watson's work around ([https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4155b345-0a01-0010-ac9f-b3b2c34e993c|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4155b345-0a01-0010-ac9f-b3b2c34e993c]) to enable drill down/up for hierarchies in VC.

When I run the iView, I see my tree's root expanded with 10 child nodes (all with a '+' infront, meaning they can be expanded). When I click on "Drill Up" when the root is selected, all nodes collapse as expected; "Drill Down" also works by expanding the root node and showing the 10 child nodes. However, this functionality doesn't work for any of the 10 child nodes. When any of the 10 nodes is selected and either "Drill Down" or "Drill Up" is clicked, the table refreshes but there is no change in the table (all nodes remain as they were before).

So, the buttons only work for the top most node. Does anyone know what I could have done incorrectly? When this is run via WAD template, it works as expected.

Thank you for your time,

Kiran

Edited by: Kiran on Feb 7, 2008 2:33 PM

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 13, 2008 at 02:57 PM

    An update.

    After some testing, I found that the problem drill up/down are working for only node level 1 <-> 2, was because the part in the web api formula that's related to "Filtering the hierarchy" isn't working.

    Here's the code:

    'FILTER_NODE_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;FILTER_VALUE='&&#ID[ACCCG]@Cost_Center_key&';FILTER_COLLAPSE= ;FILTER_IOBJNM=0COSTCENTER;CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

    I started off from scratch and tried to just implement filtering on hierarchies and it doesn't work. I made sure that "Activate Hierarchy" is set on the characteristic for the query.

    Any pointers,

    Kiran

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Sameer,

      I think found the error. The error was that in the mapping, I had the WEBAPI command filled and also had the default mapping left out. I removed the default mapping (like Org Unit = @Organizational_Unit). I am not certain if that was the problem, but most likely it is.

      Regards,

      Kiran

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.