Here's what (I think 😉 I know:
- A 'business transaction' is a set of (dialog) steps that have the same 'transaction ID.' I can see the steps of a business transaction in STAD or STATTRACE.
- An SAP LUW is a set of steps that are a single unit of work.
- Function calls started with a tRFC are started in a new SAP LUW.
The questions are:
- Does an SAP LUW correspond 1:1 to a business transaction?
- If so, then tRFC spawns sub-transactions. Is there a way (using STAD or STATTRACE) to see, the parent-child transaction relationship? To see which transactions spawned which sub-transactions?