Skip to Content

LCM_CLI Error: Could not find or load main class BusinessObjects

I'm running a test LCM_CLI promotion (live-to-live) with command line option but am getting an error and not sure how to fix this. It appears that it doesn't recognize the LCM batch program. Am I missing something? Many thanks in advance!

PS E:\BusinessObjects\BI\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts> lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperties=Test.properties
lcm_cli.bat : The term 'lcm_cli.bat' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operableprogram. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperties=Test.properties
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~  
+ CategoryInfo  : ObjectNotFound: (lcm_cli.bat:String) [], CommandNotFoundException  
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException.

Suggestion [3,General]: The command lcm_cli.bat was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShel
l does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type ".\lcm_cli.bat".
See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.

I tried adding a period in front but it generated a new error:

PS E:\BusinessObjects\BI\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts> .\lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperties=Test.properties
Error: Could not find or load main class BusinessObjects
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Nov 14, 2017 at 10:19 PM

    The culprit was an extra doublequote character in the lcm_cli.bat file. Once that was removed, the process ran successfully.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 13, 2017 at 07:02 AM

    Hi, correct cmd line must be

    E:\BusinessObjects\BI\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts>lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperties Test.properties
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Thank you, Evgeny. I did notice various versions in the Admin Guide (4.2 SP4) and tried them all, too, but none worked. I think it's related to the CLASSPATH but it's already set in the lcm_cli.bat file. I also added this java.exe path to the PATH environment variable:

      E:\BusinessObjects\BI\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\bin
      Still the same error though.
  • Nov 14, 2017 at 10:22 PM

    Just to close the loop on the execution syntax. The one that worked for me was:

    E:\BusinessObjects\BI\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\scripts>lcm_cli.bat -lcmproperty=Test.properties
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded