Skip to Content

How do I set totals in a Designer 2.0 waterfall graph?

Nov 09, 2017 at 04:08 PM


avatar image
Former Member

I have created a BW query that yields the following result.

Previous YTD 0.375
Non-Packaging Material Costs per YD2 0.047
Packaging Material Costs per YD2 0
Labor Costs per YD2 0.001
Variable Overhead Costs per YD2 -0.027
Fixed Overhead Costs per YD2 0.029
External Processing per YD2 0
Additive Costs per YD2 0.002
Intercompany Markup per YD2 0
Unspecified Cost Comp per YD2 -0.029
Current YTD0.398

I have created a Designer application, added the data set, and I'm attempting to configure a waterfall graph. As long as I use a managed OLAP connection, I'm able to choose the waterfall chart type. I initially get what I expect.

I go to chart configuration and try to set my two total columns by right-clicking one of the columns that should be a total.

The software renders the following.

I'm trying to get the following.

Thank you for your help.

o5smw.png (17.3 kB)
fgfd0.png (8.7 kB)
wg8wf.png (84.7 kB)
e30pf.png (20.2 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

I've opened an incident with SAP, and I will let everyone know what they say. In the meantime, I have updated the Bex query to yield the following columns: Total, Base, Up, Down. I have changed my graph to a stacked column and made the base invisible by setting it to no color. Below is the result using the test data from the question.

9j3xk.png (19.9 kB)
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Dominik Zehentner Nov 21, 2017 at 07:15 AM

Hi Mark,

I have the same problem. It seems to me, that it is not possible with a static query structure. It looks like it works, if your waterfall bars are not defined by a query structure but by adding a drill down for a certain InfoObject and the same key figure. However this does not solve my problem. This used to work with DS 1.6 (not in m-mode). Hope this gets fixed soon.

Best regards


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded