Normal day to day transport activities (DEV--TST, daily 12:00 & 17:00, PRD only once a week)
Create a Maintenance Procject and activate Maintenance cycle/tasklist.
Role & Responsibilities:
Requestor - Create CR & CD including migration into TST
Approver - Approves CR & CD
I.T Operator - Imports in PRD
(1) How does the project cycle work than, every requester creates their own Maintenance Project including
cycle when thay want to import a CR with transports right through to PRD system. This also includes scheduling
the imports using the calender
To me this would mean thousands of Projects and maintenance cycles created for your normal day to day
transport requests per individual.
(2) Can transport be created without a service desk message or change request this way. In some cases
it may not be necessay to create a SD or CR for every Transport.
(3) Can't it be that for your day-to-day transports, a single Maintenance project is created including cycle
that every one can use. (I believe only 1 cycle can be created per project). How is this going to work since
if a CR is created from service desk, how will it know which maintenance cycle to link to?
(4) Role of I.T operator/Basis, wont this take basis out of the import equation altogether than, meaning once
a CR has been approved, the requestor can than schedule the import to PRD into the calender themself..correct!
(5) Who normally creates the Poject and cycle from a day-to-day transport request perpective...BASIS or REQUESTOR.
I can understand this concept purely from a project or upgrade perspective but DAY-TO-DAY transport request
is abit convoluted unless someone gives me a good implementation concept. Personally I think CHARM brings in alot more extra work.
Please share your implementations for CHARM if you may for day to day transports.