Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

WebI Objects are missing in Query panel

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue with our webi reports.

The universe name and the objects previously used to create the report are not displayed in the Query Panel after the upgrade of BI4.1 SP05 to SP09. In SP05 the issue is not present.

I have found a workaround for this, whereby if I open the report in Webi Rich Client, refresh it and save it back, then the objects are again displayed in the same report when later opened via Webi (thin client), and can subsequently be edited.

I have found the SAP KBA# 2007655 - WebI Objects from Result Objects are missing in Query panel with sub query BI 4.0 SP9 and BI 4.1

But as we are facing the issue in SP09, the recommendation is not applicable.

I assume somehow the reports are not updating after the upgrade.

Can you please give any idea ?

aa.jpg (19.8 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Nov 06, 2017 at 05:53 PM

    Hi ,

    Yeah ,its bug in HTML mode with BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 3 .

    2405456 - Migrated Web Intelligence report do not show universe objects in HTML interface

    as work around use Java applet mode.

    it is resolved in BI 4.2 SP3 Patch 4 and higher .

    Regards

    Sateesh B

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 07, 2017 at 08:11 AM

    Hi,

    we have tested the some of these reports in SP8 env, where they are working fine in both BILaunchpad and WRC. Raised the issue with SAP and they have tested one sample report in SP9 Patch 7, but saying that the issue is not reproducible. As par the kba the issue should get resolved in SP5 and it can be assumed that SP9 is a cumulative update of the previous patches.

    Is it possible that the reports are not picking up the update after the upgrade ? Because when we are opening them in WRC and saving it, after that the values are seen in BILaunchpad in every mode.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 06, 2017 at 01:25 PM

    May be a bug. Is it happening for all the webi reports? Or few. I have not seen the issue.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      It seems that the connection is breaking after the upgrade and when we are opening the reports in WRC, saving it and exporting back to repository, connection is getting restored.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 07, 2017 at 07:02 AM

    The issue seems to be a bug with SAP claimed to get resolved in SP05. Though the issue doesn't appear in SP05, it reappears in SP09. Finally it is resolved in SP09 Patch7

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 09 at 12:41 PM

    We have this issue in : SAP BI 4.2 SP5 Patch 100 :

    - only when running the webtier on IBM Websphere

    - only in Web Intelligence HTML (not in JAVA, not in Rich Client : so not a permissions issue in the unx)

    - not in : when running on Apache Tomcat

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded