Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Pdf Functionality as a button is not working only for a particular user.

Hi Experts,

Presently from CRM whenever a user is trying to view a PDF for a particular Interaction Record, he or she is unable to view it.
This Pdf opens through Transaction Launcher by hitting the back end. I had put a trace on the user's id and found that the PDf button is working but somehow it is not directing to view the Pdf from back end.

Initially we thought it to be an issue with the specific user's id and so we checked for the User's profile with SECURITY, but as per them this user had no change in his/her profile for the past 2 years.


The same activity when performed by some other id correctly fetches the PDF.

I had tried debugging the portion of codes including all the Z* classes ,methods , FMs that were hit, but was unable to find anything from huge number of trace elements that were obtained.

Could you please suggest us any way out or what could be the issue.
Also could you please help us with what should I be checking with in specific
to find out about the issue, if no solution is found.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Nov 30, 2017 at 06:05 AM

    Hi,

    If I understand correctly, this is happening only to a certain user while other users on the same application and under the same conditions are getting it to work. This could indicate to an authorization issue, I know you wrote you checked it, but the fact he didn't have an auth. changes in the past 2 years, doesn't mean he used this functionality in that time. Also extend your checks to the portal roles.

    If you eliminated this option (by granting him all the roles of a working user has) I would explore if he has a certificate issue that doesn't grant the Adobe reader from working or that he needs to reinstall and match the working version of other users (of the Adobe reader).

    Another possible scenario is that there are some issues with compatibility of the user, either in the mode def. of the browser or in some Ad-on blocker. A full browser check of the user is requiered.

    Another angle, is to check that with the basis the WEBCUIF component or any other WD related installations. Though, this is an unlikely option because it would affect more than one user, but I would still check, you never know.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 01, 2017 at 10:54 AM

    You can also try to copy the user and check if same issue happens.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded