Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Workflow will not start in live but will start in TEST environment

Hello workflow gurus,

Workflow to advise of a sales order created fails to start on incoming IDOC but will start in TEST environment using transaction SWUE and same IDOC. Checked all event linkages and activation of workflow. Using diagnosis tool SWUD and checking workflows that did not start I find no trace of it. Is there any way that I can find why this workflow did not start besides debugging through WE19.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

5 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 04, 2008 at 04:31 AM

    Check in SWE2 the Workflow is linked with the event. Also check SWU3 Tcode is properly configured. I feel you canhit the error by trying this

    Thanks

    Arghadip

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 04, 2008 at 12:44 PM

    Thanks,Agandir for replying. This problem has occured after a transport was done which changed the connections in the event container but this was reversed and restored but still the problem persists. I have checked SWE2 but the workflow is still active and linked to the event.I am not sure what to check in SWU3 as this event is triggered by an incoming IDOC which creates a sales order.

    regards

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 04, 2008 at 01:02 PM

    Hi David,

    Can you tell which activities are not executed in the SWU3? For one thing you should always have your RFC configured. If this one is red, it doesnt work. So if you can say which ones are red, we might locate the problem.

    By the way, is the workflow itself activated? If you change your the event linkages in your workflow it might be that your workflow is saved in an inactive state.

    You sure there is no workflow started (check via SWEL)?

    Hope you figure it out!

    Regards,

    Joost van Poppel

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 04, 2008 at 01:55 PM

    hello Joost,

    SWU3 has red buttons and the following are not active:

    Monitoring job for work items with errors is not scheduled

    Entries missing in PD control tables

    No prefix numbers for standard object types existNo explicit number range defined for customer tasks (type 'T

    Entries missing in PD control tables

    However I did check this before but all these were inactive before i did the transport so i did not care too much about the above

    However am I correct when I check whether the workflow is active or not. I ran SWDD and looked for active or not...is there another or better way to check for this.

    Thanks

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 07, 2008 at 02:40 PM

    Hello all,

    Issue is resolved. I ran in WE19 using standard inbound button instead of inbound function module and it worked.

    Thank you to all that tried to help

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.