Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Read_Text FM not giving updated text

Hi,

We are fetching PO Header text data using Read_Text FM , it is showing correct data when i am checking with tcode SE37 but in my program it is not showing updated data , it is giving old data.

IN Detail : When we create PO then we save Header text but after some time we changed Text from tcode ME22N and Release PO , now when we check from tcode SE37 it is showing same data which is in PO Header but in our program it is fetching OLD Data.

Please Help.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 24, 2016 at 05:59 AM

    issue resolved by my self .

    Thanks for all your reply.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 17, 2016 at 08:09 AM

    You probably call the FM before the text is actually stored in database. Now you should give more d├ętails about the moment you call the FM than you currently provide "IN Detail".

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Oct 17, 2016 at 08:38 AM

    If your program execute before the end of the update task, so before db commit, read from database will return old values.

    When do you execute the READ_TEXT, if during the transaction execution either use READ_TEXT but set the LOCAL_CAT parameter to read from memory, or, if you use BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST, use methods of interface IF_LONGTEXTS_MM on IM_HEADER parameter.

    Alternative for program executed in POST method or similar, wrap execution in a RFC enabled FM and call it IN BACKGROUND TASK.

    Regards,
    Raymond

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 18, 2016 at 10:42 AM
    -3

    Hello,

    'READ_TEXT' instead you can try 'SET_TEXT'.

    Regards.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 17, 2016 at 12:24 PM

    Hi , Sandra,

    Thanks For Fast Response.

    First we created a PO with Header Text from Tcode ME21N.

    Then we changed Header Text from Tcode ME22N and release PO From Tcode ME28 .

    Now when we check Header Text from Tcode SE37 then it is showing output as we changed from Tcode ME22N that is correct but in our program it showing text that we filled at the time of PO Creation that is Wrong it should show Text that we changed from ME22N.

    Dear Raymond ,

    Thanks For Fast Response.

    As per my understanding this is not related with DB Update because PO is saved and after this we are running our report .

    Thanks

    Nilesh

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Then bypass any buffer generated from your program or from standard transaction, clear the local text catalog with FM FREE_TEXT_MEMORY. So READ_TEXT will always read from database.

      Regards,
      Raymond