I am new to MDM and trying to integrate MDM with portal. I have been integrating all the other systems for quite some time, but this is new to me. I installed and configured the business package and it is working as expected, but still have few open quesitons for which I cant find solution as I feel that the documentation is not fully available.. any where here are my questions, one line answer would be enough for me to get going..
1) is MDM java API too hard to start up with? is it completely different then the portal API that I have been using from several years? is the architecture and programming model different?
2) the iviews that are already available with MDM business package.; are they customizable meaning do they provide SCA files as ESS/MSS do, that we can put in NWDI and get the source code and deploy back. if so, could you please point me to the documentation of that? i wnat to let us say add some custom buttons on the MDM search iview, how can i do that?
3) with SAP promoting Webdynpro for UI, why was HTMLB used for developing the iviews in the new relaste MDM 5.0 SP5.
4) do you think that the standard iviews are using the webservices supplied? i.e. do you know if at all the MDM search records web service is being used in any iviews that are delivered by the business package.
5) Does SAP provide source code for the webservices that we can use to enhance it?
Please help me in getting started with these. help is appreciated.