cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get FM HR_PAD_HIRE_EMPLOYEE to recognize T588M customizing for not required/hidden fields?

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

For infotype 0002 for certain types of new hires, we do not require birthday or ssn (perid). This is configured in T588M with a variable key (10C). Works great for online entry but I need to have a program to process these new hires. Based on SAP notes (1913529 and 2093195), I am trying to use FM HR_PAD_HIRE_EMPLOYEE for the new hires to create infotypes 0000, 0001, 0002, 0006, 0105, and 0019. It works well except it is requiring birthday and perid for infotype 0002. How do I make the FM know that these are not required fields for certain groups of new hires? Secondly, the FM will create an infotype 0019 entry but we have added a custom field with include CI_P0019. The FM will not populate the custom field. How do I get the custom field populated?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rammel_sapdev
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can refer to these link.

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/1279764

Can check how the field is configured in table T588MFPROPC. I am using the same function as of now, but something weird is happening. When I input IT0001 data only, it will automatically create S-P and CP-P relationships. But when I include IT0002, all these relationships are not being created.

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue for the custom fields for infotype 0019. However, I am still having problems with the birthdate (GBDAT) for infotype 0002. The system is requiring this field. It is also setting the begin date (BEGDA) for infotype 0002 equal to the birthdate even though birthdate is not required for a particular type of US employee.

The documentation for function module HR_PAD_HIRE_EMPLOYEE is generic and does not address this type of issue. I need to have the BEGDA be the actual start date, not birthdate.

There are several questions in the SAP Community around function module HR_PAD_HIRE_EMPLOYEE but I have not been able to find a solution to my issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.