Skip to Content
0

B1if | Message log empty

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:38 AM

177

avatar image
Former Member

Hi All,

I have been working with B1if for a while. Two days ago after reinstall the SQL server and attaching all the databases back(including B1if), the Message log doesn't show any transaction log, not even for default scenarios. The MSGLOG table is not empty, but when I filter by date, the message logs results in B1if remains empty. The scenarios are working fine, I just can't see any log in the Message Log view and the new transactions are not being inserted in the MSGLOG table neither. Some help here will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Gabriela

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Best Answer
avatar image
Former Member
Nov 17, 2017 at 01:08 PM
0

Please check SLD->B1iServer credentials if they are okay and click [Test Connection] to verify if B1if processes (e.g. Message Log) can connect to the database (B1iP=Technology retrieves the credentials not from here but from xcellerator.cfg). If this is working as well, I would start debugging. Debugging must be switched on (in xcellerator.cfg and for the step). Pick up any transaction from Process Control (from the group Scenario Processes - Processing) and click [Debug] button. Choose the last transaction on top and click [Debug]. Scroll to the right, at the end you see a huge branch with many path. In the 4.path there is an include. Click on it. You see now the debugging of the Message Log. Click on the red arrow of the last XForm atom in this flow. You can see the result of the insert to the Message Log table in /bfa:unbranch/bfa:unbranch/bfa:call/bfa:outbound. Here you should see some error message of the database that can give you some hint to the root cause.

Show 4 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for answer me. I tried to test the connection for the B1iServer in SLD and it shows a login error

Can you tell me how to reconfigure this??

Thanks in advance,

Gabriela

b1iserver.jpg (187.9 kB)
0
Former Member

at least we found the root cause :-) ... One of the 4 credentials is wrong. The driver is okay. In url, please check if the IP-address and name of db is okay. If username is correct, then I guess the problem is the password. I think you need to type in again the correct password and save it. The password is stored encrypted. The encryption algorithm also involves the MAC address of the particular computer. So after changing environment the encrypted password is not valid anymore.

0
Former Member

Yes, definitely this is the cause ;) .I checked the ipaddress and db name and these are correct but I am not sure how to change the password because of the encryption.

0
Former Member

just click the edit icon and type in the correct password. Then click the save icon. The save operation will automatically encrypt it.

0
avatar image
Former Member
Nov 17, 2017 at 10:47 AM
0

Please check in MAINTENANCE->Cfg MsgLog the settings. Message Log checkbox must be checked. Indexed Access checkbox must be checked. Also make sure that From and To in the Message Log UI are set correctly. In addition to that: Sometimes (e.g. in case the atom0 will not provide a correct B1i message) Message log is not displayed. You can always find the messages in MONITORING->Process Control. It's a more technical view, but covers all transactions (incl. debug options) independent on the Message Log. In case only particular steps do not provide Message Log it can be because the step is by design defined without Message Log (SCENARIOS->Step Design->Message Log Exclusion) or this particular step is filtered during setup (MAINTENANCE->Cfg MsgLog->[Filter]).

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for reply. I checked the Maintenance->Cfg MsgLog settings and everything is ok. I adjusted the From and To dates according to the records in MSGLOG database table and there are no results. For all the scenarios the MessageLogExclusion option is not activated and I haven't configure the MsgLog filter neither. It was working fine before the sql reinstallation and I haven't changed any settings from then. That is why I thought it could be related to that.

The process control view works fine but I can not find way to see the messages inbound details from there.

Best regards,

Gabriela

0