I have a requirement where I need to change field length for an AET generated ZZ field.
I came across thread AET: How to change Field length once field is generated? and blog Steps to follow when changing data length for a generated AET Field.
But this thread did not clear my understandings.
Both of them mentioned we can acheive this by following below steps:
- Identify the Enhancement ID for the AET field through WebUI Configuration.
- Go to Table AXT_EXT_PART_DTL, Set the OBJ_PARAMVALUE parameter value to desired length by passing Enhancement ID and considering Parameter OBJ_PARAMETER as LENGTH. It will not ask for any Transport Entry but include the change in a Transport Request.
- Go to Table AXT_CAT_OBJ_DTL, set the OBJ_PARAMVALUE parameter value to desired length by passing Enhancement ID and considering Parameter OBJ_PARAMETER as LENGTH. It will not ask for any Transport Entry but include the change in a Transport Request.
- Regenerate the Enhancement ID (Tcode: AXTSHOW).
- If after regeneration, domain length did not change in corresponding table/tables, then follow step 8.
- Set the desired length in the Table->Data Element->Domain (SE11).
- Activate the table. Activation gives an error in table (Expected).
- Do a database adjustment for the required Table (SE14), in background, keeping data. It should activate the Table.
- Again Regenerate the Enhancement ID (Tcode: AXTSHOW).
- Once above steps are done, and then follow below 2 steps.
- Go to AET Object in WebUI ->Display Enhancements->Enhanced Objects->Enhancement ID and check the data length is matching with the database field length.
- Tcode: BSP_WD_CMPWB->Pass Required Component ->Corresponding View->Configuration TAB->Choose the correct configuration->select the required field -> check the data length if it is matching with Database field and AET object.
Can anyone please highlight and specify why we are performing Step 1 to step 5.
Actually i was just checking step 2 with OBJ_PARAMVALUE as old length value and for Step 3 I didn't get a single entry. Is this fine?
So if I create an entry in the tables as said in the blog, will that not create any inconsistency.
Please suggest any other way if we can achieve this?