Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

SAP .NET Connector - Empty Tables

Ok, I recently posted an issue I was having using a tool from a company called Softwise that sells an updated version of the .NET Connector, but did not get any luck (

Empty Tables using Softwise SAP Connector).

I took a couple steps back and installed VS2003 Professional with the .NET Connector 2.0. I recreated the exact call from the last time and after some work, I ended up with the same exact result.

I'm calling a BAPI that takes some simple input parameters, one output parameter (BAPIRET2) and a bunch of input/output parameters that are all in the form of tables. After the call is made, the BAPIRET2 is returned correctly with all the values as expected.

However, I am expecting to have one of my tables returned with 8 entries in the table, but I keep getting 0. Unfortunately my SAP counterpart believes that everything is correct on his end as when he runs this BAPI within SAP, it works correctly.

Is there anything I'm missing with the connectivity between .NET and SAP? Looking at every tutorial, I'm doing what is expected. Since I'm getting some data, that is confusing as to why not all.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help that someone can give.

Matt Schumacker

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 09:10 AM

    Hi Matt,

    Is it possible for you to ask the SAP guy to set external breakpoint in the BAPI and ensure if the values in the table are indeed filled and returned to the calling (.NET) application ?

    Secondly, have a look on the code you are using to invoke BAPI. Check all the parameters (including import, export etc) are initialized before being passed to the BAPI proxy.

    Regards.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I got it!!!

      First off, this is working in VS2003, but still did not work correctly using the Softwise SAP Connector tool. I've sent them some emails, but nothing was returned. So much for them.

      The main problem.........PERMISSIONS! After trying using the VS2003 and the official .NET connector and getting the same response, I had to think about it a bit. Not knowing anything about SAP, I finally asked my SAP counterpart who had created a special ID for me to test with. Bingo, that was it. The new ID he created didn't have the proper permissions to see the data.

      Thanks to the few who tried to help.

      Matt

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 02:49 PM

    Forgot to mark as answered. Permissions problem.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.