Skip to Content

System Character set 4103 is not maintained

Hi Friends,

We have just upgraded our ECC (6.0 Unicode system) to ECC (6.0 EHP8). During post upgrade validations, we are observing the error "System Character set 4103 is not maintained" constantly in the system. SPAU tcode adjustments are also not possible because of this error.

We could not find any relevant sap notes or blogs for this error. Could you please help us fix this issue?

On further investigation from our ABAP team, it was identified that the FM - SYSTEM_CODEPAGE is throwing the error. They can see a read statement from this table – TCP00. The values are different from pre-upgrade & post upgrade. Before downtime, the table contained 395 entries including 4103. However after downtime phase,the entries are down to 95 and 4103 is not in them,

Attached the extracts of the TCP00 table before upgrade(ehp0) & after upgrade(ehp8).

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 23, 2017 at 03:40 PM

    Hi!

    Do you have any update on this issue?

    cheers

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 23, 2017 at 07:21 PM

    Hi!

    It seems that you got the error documented on sap note 2545655 - SUM2.0 SP00 Empty tables after upgrade/update using nearZeroDowntime feature.

    I faced this on tables that apparently required structure conversion and are in table TRIGTAB like RFCDES and TCP00.

    cheers

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Fernando,

      Thanks for your response. I believe this could be the root cause. However we have not received any response from SAP on our incident yet. Our situation matches to the scenario of the SAP note (

      performed an upgrade using the nearZeroDowntime feature on a system where the previous upgrade was executed without nZDM)

      Can you let me know if clearing all the entries from this table TRIGTAB is mandatory?

      We have around 1589 entries in the table but the TRUNCTAB.LOG is as below. Now we are not sure how many of the tables got effected because of this. From your experience, will below be the only set of tables that get's effected or the entire contents of TABLE TRIGTAB.

      1 ETQ000 ==================================================
      1 ETQ399 Executing SQL script '..\var\TRUNCTAB.XQL'.
      2 ETQ399 Connecting to database 'mss'.
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20171013153028
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [AGR_AGRS~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [RWSLINE~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [SETLINET~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [T803J~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [TCP00~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [TCP07~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [TKEB1~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [USR10~]
      4 ETQ399 Ignoring uncritical DB statements as requested by user.
      4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20171013153029
      3 ETQ398 SQL: TRUNCATE TABLE [USR12~]
      1 ETQ000 ==================================================
      4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20171013153029
      1 ETQ003 exit code: "0"

      Regards,

      Asif.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 30, 2017 at 12:31 AM

    Hi!

    Not all tables within TRIGTAB table are affected, only the ones that have structure changes and that you have this TRUNCATE info on the log. In our case I've checked we got more tables like RFCDES table and the solution we have followed was to restore the system (+SUM Directory) before the downtime, cleaned up the table and executed the downtime phase again. And yes, solved the issue. The main point is that you cannot fix it after because the affected tables structure is not the same, however you might try to fix it with some development and merge the information

    If you see the table content, the affected tables only have the information that came with the upgrade. The existing information was lost due to truncate.

    Cheers

    Fernando Figueiredo

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded