Dear SAP CPM Experts and SMEs,
We are working with a client who has chosen to implement SAP (BPC and BI) for their Financial Planning, Consolidation, and Reporting processes. They currently are live with most of their businesses with SAP R/3 (version <4.7). They are not currently using SAP BI. So they are interested to take advantage of SAP BI 7.0 business content for Master Data and extraction of actuals.
The blueprint phase will begin in early Jan 08. The end architecture will be BPC 7.0 running on BI 7.0. Given product availability for BPC 7.0 we are trying to figure out a strategy of how to approach the blueprint (specifically around data modeling, process design in BPC, and integration between BPC and BI).
From what we understand from SAP, the BPC 7.0 will use its own unique naming space in BI 7.0 which I think entails its own version of Master Data and Transaction data (InfoObjects and InfoCubes specific to BPC).
- How do we approach the blueprint for this project?
- Can we design and build both BI 7.0 and BPC 5.1 until BPC 7.0 is in ramp-up?
- Do we model the SAP BI layer after Business Content and assume that we can integrate this easily to BPC 7.0 once ready with no re-work or re-desgin?
- How should we model the dimensions and applications in BPC to take advantage of the SAP structures in the BPC 5.1 version and require minimum work to integrate to BI 7.0 once BPC 7.0 version is available?
- How will the migration work in regards to our approach for BPC 7.0? How much re-work can we expect?
- What is the transport process (change control) for the BPC application - does it generate an SAP transport like SEM? How are changes made through the landscape?
I would appreciate specific answers and documentation links. I have read this forum extensively and have seen references to documents such as the transport process but have not been able to find them on SDN.
Thanks in advance for your help. Points will be awarded for all helpful answers.