Skip to Content

Binding not effected until a version is created !

Hi all,

I have a problem that whenever I modify the binding in the definition of an active workflow, the binding are not effected unless I create a new version in the dev client.

In the testing client (in the same system), there were workflows which are still in the status 'in process' or 'ready'. but I dont need those workflows anymore.

is it necessary to delete all these pending workflows in all clients for the new binding to take effect ? I'm creating n number of versions in dev client unnecessarily.

whether I'm missing any config settings ?

please avoid copy past from 'sap help'. 😊

regards,

Sudhahar R.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 28, 2007 at 02:35 PM

    Whenever you change workflow, please execute transaction SWU_OBUF afterwards, and only after that test your workflow. And yes, you are creating n number of versions in dev client unnecessarily.

    If you have some "pending" workflows in testing client, should have anything to do with the possible problem. But please note that if you change your workflow, and test that with workflows which were already running before the change, these workflows are running with the old version => your new bindings have not effect. They only work (or do not work) in the new version.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Anuj,

      If SWU_OBUF is working for you, it's fine :-). but please understand that that I've tried all the possibilities of activating the modified workflow definition. I still end up running the same old workflow prior to the modification, and nothing got changed. thats why I tried deleting all the running instances expecting that it may cause mismatch.but it didnt help.

      the new modifications are effected "ONLY WHEN I CREATE NEW VERSION"

      Am I clear now ?

      did anybody encountered this problem ?

      Thanks & Regards

      Sudhahar R

  • Posted on Dec 05, 2007 at 11:41 AM

    Hi,

    I found out the problem myself.. 😊

    Eventhough you generate & activate the runtime environment,

    it again has to be generated in the testing client.

    Thanks & regards,

    Sudhahar R.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.