Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

One material-two plants-onebilling

Hi Gurus,

Iam working in the implementation peroject.My client is a software company. we created JAVA as material which offered by the client.

we created 2 plants. 1) Pune 2) Bangalore.

here 70% of the JAVA project is done at pune plant, the remaining 30% done at Bangalore.

i) So here at the time of sales order creation which plant i have to give?

ii) the clients wants 2plants should be there in the sales order.

iii) he doesnt want to 2 line items in sales order.

iv) he wants only one billing doc?



Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 28, 2007 at 01:45 PM

    Hi chitty,

    As per standard SAP you can have only one plant for one line item.

    This has to be explained to your client.

    What you can do is create two seprate sales order with one line item each.

    And offcourse the idea is to have a single billing can always do collective billing.

    Reward points if useful


    Amrish Purohit

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member


      You have mentioned what your client does not want.

      Can you clarify what your client DOES want?

      Does he want to divide the revenues and costs between the two plants? Is there a requirement that calls for having 2 plants?

      If it does not matter, then go in with one dummy plant.


  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 28, 2007 at 02:55 PM


    Can you try work around as standard SAP will not support to show two plants. My work around is

    - Create BOM with two sub items. One is Pune loaction and another one is Bangalore plant. This is just what I am thinking. Try this and let me know what errors are comming. think you are creating service material so there will not be any delivery issue. Otherwise you need to create one shipping point for both plants and then billing for main item. Now important thing is whether you want sub item wise billing or main item. But try this option. May be work out.



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded