Skip to Content

Multilevel Categorization in Interaction Record

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:41 PM


avatar image


I'm trying to setup multilevel categorization in Interaction Record (BBPCRM SAPKU71306)

The customizing was done using catalog A1 and I can see both Cat.01 and Cat.02 under categorization tab in IR. However, when I added a third-level category this field does not appear in the screen. It seems to be possible since this Former Member has a image where I can see 4-level categorization.

If I try to use catalog of type C (Overview of damage/defects/reasons) the categorization tab does not show any field.

I've also realized that if I change the category, the reason field in Overview tab is automatically changed but the opposite is not working. I mean, if I change reason field, category is not changed automatically.

Could you guys help me solve this issue?

Thank you!


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Best Answer
Bruno Garcia Oct 11, 2017 at 01:38 PM

Hi Diego,

Can you try to check in your business role categorization profile if the IR categorization context has still 2 levels instead of 3?

Kind regards,

Show 5 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded


I don't know what comes over me... I didn't realize the scroll bar and the last 3 colums hahahah Sorry about that. :-(

I could even setup 10 levels of categories (just for test purpose).

And what about the other topic? When I change the category (1 + 2) the reason field is automatically filled.

However the opposite does not work.

Thank you Bruno.


capture.png (21.1 kB)
capture2.png (17.9 kB)

Hi Diego,

That's great! And it's nice to see some portuguese screnshots as well :)

Regarding the other issue, that should work as per standard as long as you have a subject profile/subject code associated to the categorization combination that you're choosing (at least it was working last time I've tried, early versions of 7.0). Do you have that? Also, do you have an unique subject code per categorization combination?

If all seems okay and if you have some debugging skills, can you try to set an breakpoint on method DO_FINISH_INPUT of class CL_ICCMP_BT_CATDDLB_IMPL and see if you get any more clues?

Especially this part:


 if lv_guid is not initial.
        lv_code = map_BT_cat2code( lv_guid ).
      IF lv_code IS INITIAL.
      lr_entity ?= lr_current.
      lr_parent ?= lr_entity->get_parent( ).
*     Remove object from the collection
      typed_context->btsubject->collection_wrapper->remove( lr_entity ).
      lr_entity->delete( ).
      IF lr_parent IS BOUND AND lr_parent->is_changeable( ) = abap_true.
*           Create object  BTSubject
            lr_entity = lr_parent->create_related_entity( iv_relation_name = 'BTSubjectAll' ).
*           Adding the new entity to the collection
            CREATE OBJECT lv_collection TYPE cl_crm_bol_bo_col.
            lv_collection->add( lr_entity ).
            typed_context->btsubject->collection_wrapper->set_collection( lv_collection ).
          CATCH cx_root.
        lr_current->set_property( iv_attr_name = 'CONC_KEY'     "#EC NOTEXT
                                  iv_value     = lv_code ).


Hope that this might help you a little.

Kind regards,


Hi again Diego,

I was just searching for any fixes for CL_ICCMP_BT_CATDDLB_IMPL and found this fresh note that might help you:

2505924 - Categorization not updated when Subject Code selection changed in Reason field of IREC

Kind regards,


Hi Bruno,

Sorry to take so long to answer you. Too much work here in this Interaction Center project...

I'm almost sure that with have an intermittent problem with the categorization. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I have here BBPCRM SAPKU71306. I will check the SAP note you told me since it's applicable in my system.

Thank you for your help. Sorry but I can't mark your two answers as correct :-) I need to pick only one...




Just to complement the solution...

SAP note 2505924 solved my reason/categorization problem :-)