Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Error while connecting to import manager

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to import manager & upload a xml file . But I am getting a wierd error

Logon Error : Can not load xml

COM Error 80040154 class not registered .

Did anybody come across this kind of error ? I am on SP05 patch 2.

Regards

Yogesh

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 23, 2007 at 04:36 AM

    Hi Yogesh,

    I dont exactly know about the error but just once try checking whether the XMl file you are trying to import is in correct format.

    Thanks and Regards

    Nitin jain

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Yogesh,

      Now since you have tried everything,

      Just try ou t importing source in anyother form( for ex, excel, access, etc) and check whether it is still giving an error.

      And if it is not giving any error then there may be a problem with your XML file. Try connecting to the Import Manager with some other XMl file. Just check it is accepting or not?

      If it is then surely, something is wrong with the file that you have generated using generic extractors.

      Thanks and Regards

      Nitin Jain

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 26, 2007 at 05:12 PM

    Hi Yogesh,

    It sounds to me like you have an installation problem with MSXML. You could try two things; either re-install MSXML (available from Microsoft) or you can open a command prompt window, navigate to the \windows\system32 folder, and re-register the msxml dll (regsvr32 msxml[x].dll, where [x] represents the version number of MSXML that is on your machine, e.g. msxml6.dll for version 6 of the DLL). I don't know which version is required for our software, but I'm sure that's specified in the installation guide.

    Hope this helps,

    Cleopatra

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 28, 2008 at 11:40 AM

    Funny enough 6 months after the post - I find the same error post upgrade from SP 4 to SP6.

    It works fine when run from desktop and does not run from my laptop.

    File is available

    Rest Imports are fine...

    I agree it has to do with some DLL file missing

    Has anyone come across this error and how did you go about solving it.

    P.s : Tried downloading the latest MSXML6 from Microsoft- still does not work.

    Cheers

    Edited by: Rajesh Iyer on Apr 28, 2008 2:22 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Thanks Ravi !

      Any more such experiences > I have installed most DLL's which were on my desktop , but my laptop still would not import an XML file.

      Is there any mention of DLL's required / to be checked in the installation of the GUI's.

      Hope SAP can answer this as well !

      Regards.

      R@J