Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

webservice: test data service -> Portal Request Failed

Hi all,

I am facing the well known problem which appears when I try to test a webservice at the Virtual Composer.

I have tested the webservice over the webservice navigator and it works fine.

The connector test at the portal also succeed.

The webservice is located at my local system, and worked with it at the discovery system.

I arleady was at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/portalRequestFailed&</b> and could not found any solution for my case.

I tried to find a solution over older threads which decribe my problem, but most of them are not answered or the solution is not posted.

Have anyone faced this problem and found a solution which is easy to apply?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Nov 26, 2007 at 01:17 PM

    Hi Ali,

    I was never able to get web-service imported in my VC model.

    when i give the WSDL and create web-service system, it creates it fine. But when i select that system and try to access/ import the web service- it does nothing. The functions in the web-service never get listed. If i try to use search- it results same message- not found.

    i have followed many documents targeted to this problem like- proxy settings in portal, proxy settings in Visual Administrator, but it never worked for me.

    I had to go by a bit longer path using CAF service layer (in NWDS) and deploying the web-service in local instance and using plain views in VC interacting with GP...

    please let me know if i am missing something when importing web-service. (even simple WS such as weather and currency converter also never worked)

    regards,

    Swapnil

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 26, 2007 at 02:11 PM

    The web service may require authentication so when we try to import the service through WSDL, even though the structure and the function names are included in the project namespace, the actual web service is not included.

    When you test the webservice over the webservice navigator, you provide the username and password manually to access that webservice.

    In order to authenticate it, go to the logical ports of the web service ->Security and select the type of authentication and the username and password used to access the webservice. This will authenticate the web service and you will not be required to give the uaername and password again. May be this can help.

    Regards,

    Ankit

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.