Skip to Content

RC12 while transporting InfoObjects

Hello Gurus,

I created a sequence of transports from our DEV system (BI 7.0 SP12) to our QA system (same level as DEV) and the first transport is for all the InfoObjects (including InfoCatalogs and InfoAreas).

The import sequence in the QA system went fine but the problem is that during the next step (Method Execution, which is, I believe, the Activation of these InfoObjects), a short dump occured (OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED) but we can't really figure out why.

We checked the logs in ST22 and SM37 but there isn't anything special, and the transport log just says that the transport was cancelled because of the abap dump.

I noticed that the OSS note 1019055 is related to issues about activating InfoObjects but I'm not sure if it really applies to our problem.

Furthermore, the activation step failed at one particular InfoObject (let's call it Z_A), which has a reference characteristic (Z_B). This referenced characteristic is AFTER in the order of the transport (because its technical name Z_B is 'after' the one that failed), so I'm wondering if it could be the cause of our problem.

However, if it is, I don't see why it returns an RC12 and not rather an RC8, especially knowing that the transport managed to activate several InfoObjects that have the Z_B as a compound, even though Z_B is not activated yet.

So, that being said, should we create a new transport with only the Z_B char. and then re-apply the original transport, or should we focus on applying the OSS note?

Also, any clues on why this creates an RC12 and not rather an RC8?

Thank you in advance, and your help will be rewarded.

-


Message was edited by myself:

<b>I just wanted to confirm that the OSS note 1019055 did fix this issue.</b>

Sebastien Francal

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 21, 2007 at 01:49 AM

    Hi,

    Please try re-importing the same request into your QA instance to see if it resolves the issue. If the order of infoobjects is what caused the import to fail originally, then the re-import should take care of it.

    Thanks

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 21, 2007 at 03:33 AM

    Hi,

    this note may doo 1019055

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.