Skip to Content

Update cached SAPUI5 app on Fiori Launchpad

Oct 05, 2017 at 06:24 PM


avatar image

Hi gurus,

I made an app and published to the ABAP repository (DEV environment) and transported via transport request / change request to the production environment. Then made a change to the app (in the javascript and xml portions), published and transported it again. In SE80, BSP applications, I can see the new updates on both Javascript and XML codes.

But when I run the app in the Fiori Launchpad it always uses the old code.

This is what I tried so far:


2) I ran programs:







3) I used the following addition on the URL: ?sap-ushell-nocb=true

4) I even deleted the app and published it again without success. After deleting the app and before importing it again, the Fiori Launchpad was still using the previously cached version.

We have hundreds of users for this app, so we can't afford to individually clear browser's caches on each user computer.

Do you have ideas on how to force Fiori Launchpad to pick the new version? Should I had made any change on any file to flag the new code as a new version that should be updated?

Thank you all,


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Jamie Cawley
Oct 05, 2017 at 06:51 PM

Maybe this will help

Also check to see if you have a proxy caching the files.



10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Settipalli Raj Oct 05, 2017 at 10:32 PM

Invalidating entries in server cache from t-code SMICM might help. Menu path "GoTo"-->HTTP Plugin--> Server Cache...Menu path is slightly different in lower versions of NetWeaver. You can either invalidate entire cache or delete the changed files manually one by one. There can be more than one cache entry for each file here.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
avatar image
Former Member Oct 06, 2017 at 01:42 AM

We had faced something similar and we ended up clearing the cache in the Netscaler config and the issue got resolved.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded