Skip to Content

Dynamic german text encoding issue in sap ui5 application

Sep 29, 2017 at 07:37 AM


avatar image


I am reading a qr code which contains German text in a form of string and i am display those text in a simple form on a sap ui5 application. But when i get those text in application, browser encodes it to different format ; for example: the word "Stück" is getting converted into "Stück" in browser.

I have used the following code in index.html:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8,ISO_8859_1"/>

Still not getting proper text.

How do i get proper encoding of German text in run time?

Can anyone please suggest possible ways to overcome this issue.



10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I tested application on IOS and Andriod using sap fiori client (Used webide runtime url) and there german text is being displayed properly. During debugging in google chrome, i found that on the very first step of application, where i'm scanning qr code using barcode scanner cordova plugin , in the result i get different text for that particular word. So the issue here seems to be with browser. I cannot add escape sequence at run time as i won't be able to identify special german characters. If anyone has a workaround for this issue, please do post here.


* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

0 Answers