Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

XI Content Import Invalidates Runtime Cache

Hello Everybody,

We are facing a weird problem with XI Runtime Cache. We imported a few XI Contents from SMP a few days back. After importing them, the XI cache stopped refreshing. The error says 'if_http_client receive http_communication_failure' with error id 'COMMUNICATION'. Our first guess was that somehow the user for HTTP Destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI has been locked. But we checked and the user was OK. Then we searched in SDN and according to similar forum threads, deleted the HTTP destination,recreated it and all. We also skimmed through 'How-To-Guide' on XI caches and found entries to be in synch. But the problem still persists. In IR, Environment->Cache Notifications, we find everything green; but in ID, we find entries which state 'Cache Update Failed' with the same error text as above. But, we didn't do anything in ID!! Has anybody faced a situation similar to this and solved it? We will be glad to hear about it. [And will also make people glad by awarding points! 😉 ]

P.S.: We are on NW2004s PI 7.0 SP09.

Thanks and Sincere Regards,

Amitabha

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 02, 2007 at 09:28 AM

    Hi,

    Did u try full cache refresh ?

    <b>Cheers,

    *RAJ*</b>

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Rajesh,

      Yes we tried a full Cache refresh. During full cache refresh, the indication in SXI_CACHE shows yellow for some times, then as we refresh the frame, it shows the same error: 'if_http_client receive http_communication_failure'.

      Thanks and Sincere Regards,

      Amitabha

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 02, 2007 at 09:45 AM

    Kindly check if your license is not experied. Automatic Cache updation also fails is license has been experied.

    login to SolMan and use tcode SMSY to check the license.

    Regards,

    Sarvesh

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Aashish Sinha

      Hello Everybody,

      We have solved the problem by ourselves. The problem was with the volume of data and the <b>timeout parameter</b> of the HTTP Destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI. The timeour parameter was set to ICM Default Timeout, which was set to 5 seconds. Since the content import loaded a sizeable chunk of data, the HTTP request was getting timed out after 5 seconds; since it was not getting the response back from Integration Directory within that timeframe. We suspected this activity after digging through the j2ee logs. Setting a higher value to the timeout and then initiating a full cache refresh did the trick for us.

      Thanks for all the support from fellow (and senior) SDNers. Awarded points to all the answers which pointed that the problem lies in the HTTP destination.

      Thanks and Sincere Regards,

      Amitabha

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 14, 2007 at 11:30 AM

    Uh oh...Forgot My Slogan!!!

    "Hail SDN!!!"

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded