Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Changing Client in BI installation

Hello all,

I installed an instance of Netweaver 7.0 for BI with ABAP and Java Stack. Everything worked fine with client 001. They wanted the the client 300 for production so I followed the instructions I could find. I changed the client to 300. Now Java will not connect to ABAP. It keeps locking up the user SAPJSF with failed login attempts. I put a case in with SAP, they told me to change the client and password in the Java configtool. The client was already correct, I made sure the password was as well. Still no joy. It will not log in. From the ABAP side I can log in with the user ID and password. Can someone help me please? It seems to me it is not getting the password from where ever the configtool is storing it?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 29, 2007 at 07:29 AM

    HI,

    1. In the left frame choose Server → Services → Configuration Adapter

    2. In the tab Display Configuration (right frame) choose Switch between view and edit mode to activate the edit mode.

    3. Choose cluster_data → server → cfg → services → Propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service

    4. Choose Show the detail of the selected node

    5. The parameter ume.r3.connection.master.client must be set to your SAP Exchange Infrastructure client. Adapt the value if necessary

    REGARDS

    AJAI

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      The solution turned out to be that I needed to change the global parameters in the java configtool and create the proper users in the new ABAP client. The locking of the user was just a symtom of the data being incorrect where ever it was coming from.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Oct 29, 2007 at 05:43 AM

    hi,

    in j2ee visula admin u can chenge the property of this

    ume.r3.connection.master.client to 300.

    then u can try.it will work.

    regards

    ajai

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 21, 2007 at 05:24 AM

    hi,

    did u copied all users from 001 client to 300?.client is copied from 001 or 000?.

    client 300copy from 001 it will work properly

    regards

    ajai

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.