Skip to Content
0

currency symbol appears after changing Datasource

Sep 22, 2017 at 08:14 PM

37

avatar image
Former Member

We have a set of profitability reports that we've developed in Crystal and have run against a production MSSQL database for many years. I now want to point some of those at a test database, using the Database->Set Datasource Location dialogue. The datasource change succeeds but on refreshing the report, ALL of my numeric fields now appear with a leading "$" sign. Whereas none of these fields displays a $ when run against the production data. Prod and Test servers are identical clones. The Test database itself was created from a Prod backup. My ODBC data connections are identical (SQL Native Client).

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Vitaly Izmaylov
Sep 22, 2017 at 10:51 PM
0

Go to View > Field Explorer

In the Field Explorer right-click the Database Feilds and select Show Field types.

Does it really shows all "used to be numeric" fields a s Currency now?

Was it really Numeric field types before?

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
avatar image
Former Member Sep 26, 2017 at 10:44 PM
0

As I started to gather evidence to answer your questions today, I found that my machine is updating the reports datasource perfectly now! However, my colleague Renee still has the identical problem that all 4 of us had last week. So we restarted her machine and left all other application closed, and verified that even after that she was seeing exactly the same problems that 4 of us saw last week. When she updates the Datasource the currency symbols appear.

All fields involved are in a single table called profitmths, and they are, according to SSMS (see attached) of type "money" according to SQL Server. This table is identical in both PROD and TEST with identical column types. For what follows BEFORE=PRODUCTION datasource and AFTER=TEST datasource:

On my machine right now (which updates reports fine today, but not last week): Field Explorer shows those columns as number BEFORE and as currency AFTER the datasource is switched. But the report field format does not show currency before OR after. The report looks fine.

On Renee's machine right now: Field Explorer shows those columns as number BEFORE and as currency AFTER the datasource is switched (same as my machine). But Report Field Format shows number, display currency unchecked before, Fixed Viewing Locale Currency after, Display Currency checked after. This happens without touching anything but the Datasource update button. See attachments.fieldformat-renees-machine-bad.jpg

ssms-profitmths-columns-both-prod-test.jpg

crystal-test-fieldexp-kds-good.jpg

crystal-pcd-prod-fieldexpl.jpg


Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded