Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

why Licensed fonts like Code 39 are not exported to PDF

In my local machine I make a report and I export it to pdf and everything works fine, buy when I uploaded the page to the server the fields with 3 of 9 fonts are not displayed like they should, I only see *12345* in a different font? Why and what solution do you suggest ?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Sep 22, 2017 at 04:15 PM

    Open the PDF document, go to File > Properties > Fonts tab and you will see what is embedded.

    On my test from CR Designer 2016 it embedded Code39AzaleaWide2.

    Do you have the same font on the Server?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 22, 2017 at 04:07 PM

    We are not allowed to embed Licensed fonts into a PDF file. It's all permissions by the Font makers.

    Or use a barcode font that is free.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Ah, I did not know it's free.

      Try installing it on the server under the Local PC Admin account.

      Use ProcessMonitor and look at the PDF file properties/Fonts and see if it is embedded. Likely was replaced with some standard Windows Font.

      Don

  • Sep 21, 2017 at 10:52 PM

    You need to have the Code39 font installed on the Server machine.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I do, the first time I make this mistake, then I install the font then I update all the reports and I can see the barcode in the viewer, but when I exported to pdf the barcode doesnt show.