Skip to Content
author's profile photo
Former Member

Work Order gets operation long text from Task list in wrong format

I have a work order that gets the operation long text from Task Lists.

When the work order is then printed the format is incorrect. At first we thought it was the form being used.

But now we discovered if you go into the long text and change anything, enter a space, delete a letter, it then is correct.

I tried to go into the text of the task list to make a change that might help the text like a CR at the end of the text but this didn't help. But this didn't work.

Any ideas what might cause this and if it is something we can fix.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 11, 2007 at 05:28 PM

    Hi

    How you are fetching this Long Text ?

    Are you using READ_TEXT fun module

    What parameters are passed to this fun module

    Double click on the long text

    takes you to TEXT editor

    from menu GOTO-> HEADER

    you will find the 4 parameters OBJECT,ID,OBJECTNAME and LANGUAGE parameters

    Here the OBJECTNAME is the combination of 3 fields in AFVVor AFVC table

    ( MANDT, AUFPL,APLZL fields (3108 = 21 char length))

    Concatenate them and to pass as OBJECTNAME to the READ_TEXT fun module

    And use the text lines fetched from the fun module as the Text

    Regards

    Anji

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Oct 11, 2007 at 06:42 PM

    I found the issue, there is a place in SPRO where you can change the length of the long text. It is under the production area, but you also have to go into the task list long text itself and make a change before the config will take effect.

    Thanks for the reply

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded