Skip to Content
0

Can't start Mobilink 16 with Oracle. "Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed"

Oct 14, 2016 at 01:40 PM

114

avatar image

mobilink.txt

Hi,

I have an odd problem that I can't find a solution to.
When I are starting up the Mobilink-Server against an Oracle database the service hangs. Last error in the log file are:

E. 2016-10-12 13:34:46. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (ODBC State = IM006, Native error code = 0)

See attachment for full log.


I have tried to install Sybase 16 and Oracle client on a new machine but the error is still there. I also tested it against another

This is my Setup:

Mobilink:16.0.0.2043
ODBC-Driver:SQL Anywhere 16 - Oracle (16.00.00.2043)
Oracle client: Oracle 11gR2 64-bit
Oracle database: 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Running against a SQL-server I get this log messages where the error comes against Oracle:

I. 2016-10-05 22:40:23. <Main> Unknown users will be rejected (when there is no authenticate_user script)
I. 2016-10-05 22:40:23. <Main> ODBC DBMS Name: Microsoft SQL Server
I. 2016-10-05 22:40:23. <Main> ODBC DBMS Version: 11.00.6540
I. 2016-10-05 22:40:23. <Main> ODBC DBMS Driver Version: 11.00.6540
I. 2016-10-05 22:40:23. <Main> ODBC Version supported by the driver: 3.80

Is it a setup of the database? Is it a missmatch of ODBC-driver/Oracle client?

Hope someone can help me out.
/ Peter
mobilink.txt (6.4 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Nick Elson
Oct 19, 2016 at 02:00 PM
0

The failure in the call SQLSetConnectAttr indicates the ODBC Driver is probably just unable to find the OCI (Oracle Client) libraries.

This can happen when running the MobiLink server under the local SYSTEM account when that account
does not have permissions to access those libraries. It can also happen when those libraries are not
able to be located using the SYSTEM %PATH%.

Adding the directory, the Oracle Client binaries were installed into, to the System %PATH% is
possibly all you need to do to correct for that (Reboot may be required though) and if that is
not sufficient investigate account permissions.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded