Skip to Content
0

Error 'Task could not be reserved' when opening a new UI5 task in BPM Inbox

Sep 12, 2017 at 09:47 AM

88

avatar image
Former Member

Hello,

Some time ago we changed the human tasks of our BPM process from Visual Composer to UI5. Since then the users have the issue that when opening a fresh task from the BPM Inbox they get this error:

The screen is loaded but without the data. The user has to close the error, close the task screen and select the task from the inbox again. The second time the data is loaded and the screen is displayed correctly.

To me it seems that the task appears in the inbox before all the data is loaded. If the user waits a bit longer before he selects the tasks there is no issue.

Has anybody experienced this behaviour?

The error log shows:

Caused by: com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.TransitionLockingException: Unable to upgrade lock (OID = dfaa9a6c-9790-11e7-c815-00002511ea8e, separation = dfaa5101-9790-11e7-ac40-00002511ea8e, class = com.sap.glx.adapter.TaskAdapter:Task_0_SetStatusReservedOrNoStock2_52b6e863abd8160a9136f2b1c4884ec3, timeout = 2500). Lock owner is com.sap.glx.core.kernel.execution.TransitionManagerImpl$BoundPrimaryTransaction@7c60d3aa[startTime=1505203453283, persistent=true, internal=false, interactive=true, committed=false, completed=false, closed=false, ended=false, endtime=0], for origin, refer to nested root cause

Our system has version PO 7.40 SP14.

best regards,

Suzanne

ui5.png (4.1 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Tobias Hamdorf Jan 04 at 08:07 AM
0

Hi Suzanne,

have you found any solution or hint to this? I have the same behavior and absolutely no idea why it suddenly appears. I am using the old-school UWL with WD4J tasks, so i guess the front end technology is not responsible for this.

best regards,

Tobias

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
avatar image
Former Member Jan 04 at 10:14 AM
0

Hi Tobias,

No solution yet... In November we have sent it to SAP as an Incident. We are still communicating with SAP about this. Interesting that you experience this issue with the UWL! Have you been in contact with SAP already? Best regards, Suzanne

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Tobias Hamdorf Jan 08 at 08:38 AM
0

No i have not contacted SAP for this because it is only happening on a testing system. I have the assumption that this may have something to do with the amount of potential owners on a task. It happened with tasks that had more than 40 pot. owner. Maybe the system creates the task but needs to resolve all users (external LDAP source) and for this time, the task is locked. But this is just an assumption. Since this is only in test, i have not invested much more time up to now. I will post here when i have more information.

Best regards,

Tobias

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded