Skip to Content

Input field not getting picked in the Trace analysis

Hi All,

I have a select statement on table A017 where I I used for all entries on MARC. I have passed all the primary keys in the WHERE condition. It is taking so much time for execution. When I checked the Trace, it is not passing the Vendor(LIFNR) field. In debugging I can see the LIFNR field has 150 entries are passed to A017. But in trace LIFNR is blank. Any idea why it is not showing in trace. Awaiting your replies.



Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Sep 13, 2017 at 08:23 AM

    In your case A017 is probably still a pooled table, i.e. is embedded in the table pool KAPOL. In the trace, look for KAPOL.

    If LIFNR is not part of the primary key of A017, then the database interface needs to read all lines of KAPOL table.

    For a better performance, you may need to convert A017 into a transparent table (please take all necessary precautions).

    More info here, here 856193 - Pooled tables: SQL placeholder in the key fields, and here

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded