Skip to Content
author's profile photo
Former Member

JCo Parameters missing, nothing passed from ABAP to Java

Hello all,

We're having the request to make a ABAP to Java call.

I did all the stuff to call the RFC Program:

sm59 jco destination with program id

a java program connecting to the sap system with program id

a rfc with two int4 importing parameters and a char10 parameter.

when running the java program and executing the function on the rfc destination the java program reacts obviously, telling me that it is invoked, but all parameters are empty. the ints are 0 and the text is empty string "".

Even when I print the function as html all parameters are empty, initial...

Anybody seen this before?

cheers

Stefan

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM

    Hello Stefan

    some erros i can think of:

    - restart Java application (to get new repository)

    - Problems with client connection for repository

    - RFM not activated (old version active)

    could you please post some source code for further details

    regards

    Franz

    reward points if useful

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      well What is the issue with RFM? is there anything I have to set to use the modern way?

      I printed out the result of the RFC_SYSTEM_INFO as xml, probably you can see something bad, don't bother the different names, I tried on another server with the same result

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

      <RFC_SYSTEM_INFO>

      <OUTPUT>

      <CURRENT_RESOURCES>12</CURRENT_RESOURCES>

      <MAXIMAL_RESOURCES>15</MAXIMAL_RESOURCES>

      <RECOMMENDED_DELAY>0</RECOMMENDED_DELAY>

      <RFCSI_EXPORT>

      <RFCPROTO>011</RFCPROTO>

      <RFCCHARTYP>4103</RFCCHARTYP>

      <RFCINTTYP>LIT</RFCINTTYP>

      <RFCFLOTYP>IE3</RFCFLOTYP>

      <RFCDEST>muccocnetecs_ECS_04</RFCDEST>

      <RFCHOST>muccocne</RFCHOST>

      <RFCSYSID>ECS</RFCSYSID>

      <RFCDATABS>ECS</RFCDATABS>

      <RFCDBHOST>muccocnetecs</RFCDBHOST>

      <RFCDBSYS>ORACLE</RFCDBSYS>

      <RFCSAPRL>700</RFCSAPRL>

      <RFCMACH> 390</RFCMACH>

      <RFCOPSYS>Linux</RFCOPSYS>

      <RFCTZONE> 3600</RFCTZONE>

      <RFCDAYST>X</RFCDAYST>

      <RFCIPADDR>10.40.192.74</RFCIPADDR>

      <RFCKERNRL>700</RFCKERNRL>

      <RFCHOST2>muccocnetecs</RFCHOST2>

      <RFCSI_RESV></RFCSI_RESV>

      <RFCIPV6ADDR>10.40.192.74</RFCIPV6ADDR>

      </RFCSI_EXPORT>

      </OUTPUT>

      </RFC_SYSTEM_INFO>

      Yesterday I configured the jco rfc service so that a ejb is called for inbound rfc request, and using that, all parameters were passed correctly

      thanks so far

      Stefan