Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Missing tables; trying to r3load -merge_bck to complete; not working

Hey again all,

I would be able to start my weekend in great fashion if this Solution Manager 4.0 installation would finish. I completed the SCS and Database instance installation and started the Central instance installation (Redhat EL5/Oracle 10g/64-bit) before encounting an error when it went to start the instance. The r3trans errors could not connect to the database (and I did confirm it was running).

I followed note 400241 to check the connect to the database and I was able to login as OPS$<os user>. But I was not able to see the SAPUSER table. Then when I viewed all user table (select table_name,owner from all_tables) that table was not visible nor were any tables belonging to the SAP<SMD> user. This tells me the database load did not finish.

I found note 454368 that indicated R3load probably did not finish. In fact when I look in my sapinst_instdir/.../DB directory I see the file DDLORA.TPL.bck that indicates to me the load did not finish. As per note 455195 I tried to restart R3load with the -merge_bck option. However that failed with the following output:

> R3load -merge_bck

sapparam: sapargv( argc, argv) has not been called.

sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Segmentation fault

I understand the SAPSYSTEMNAME error can just be ignored on unix systems (note 32785) but I cannot determine what is causing the segmantation fault.

So...first of all, can someone help be find out why the database load did not complete, and secondly what do I need to do to complete it?

Thanks.

Steve

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Posted on Sep 21, 2007 at 07:17 PM

    You are missing something:

    The -merge_bck is the option you need to use TOGETHER will the other options, check any package logfile (e. g. SAPAPPL0.log) for the complete syntax.

    I suggest though to restart the installation if you donĀ“t know what you are doing here.

    I would change keydb.xml for all packages that failed and add the -merge_bck option to each of those packages...

    --

    Markus

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Sep 21, 2007 at 11:45 PM

    Hi,

    The syntax of the command could be different. You can locate original R3Load command without -merge_bck option in sapinst_dev.log file. Also update your R3Load and DBSL files to latest patch level in some cases resolved the problem.

    Thanks,

    George

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.