Skip to Content
0

Fiori 2.0 text link issue

Aug 29, 2017 at 09:12 AM

113

avatar image
Former Member

Hi all,

we recently upgraded our SAP Gateway so that we can use Fiori 2.0 in our apps. The apps are used by the users through the iOS Fiori Client application on the iPad and we now run on UI5 version 1.44.16.

At first the upgrade seemed fine but after some time I noticed that clicking on any text link in the apps (sap.m.Link->press, sap.m.ObjectHeader>titlePress, etc) gave issues. When a (very) quick tap is done it works fine but a normal press on the link resulted in being redirected to the launchpad homescreen.

The issue only occurs when running the apps through the Fiori Client app, we tested both the Appstore version and a custom build version). On the desktop we have no issue and also on the iPad itself we can run the apps fine through the safari browser.

On the desktop browser I noticed that pointing a mouse cursor over the link (hover) results in a generated url which indeed points to the launchpad (http://<server:port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=100&sap-language=NL#) but clicking on it still successfully executes the press event instead (in our case a pop-over is shown). This seemed to be changed in UI5 versions 1.44.x and later (tested through the webIDE run configurations) because in the pre Fiori 2.0 versions (1.42.x and lower) the generated url was javascript:void(0);

The question I have is if anyone knows if text links were indeed updated and if you need to do some configuration to get it working again or if it might be a bug (and do you know a solution).

Thanks in advance :-)

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

One small addition, this week sap released an updated version of the Fiori client in the iOS AppStore. On version 1.9.3 we noticed the same behavior but on 1.9.4 it seems to be fixed. Unfortunately the custom fiori client based on the latest SMP SDK (SP15 patch 6) still have the same issue. I also have a support message since it seems like a bug. I'll update this message if i know a solution.

But I am still interested to know if anyone else experiences the same issue

0
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

avatar image
Former Member Sep 15, 2017 at 07:13 AM
1

ok small update to this issue, I have been in contact with SAP for some time and it seems that even they were not aware of this issue. However, after explaining in detail what went wrong and providing them with the steps to reproduce the issue they confirmed that our issue is indeed a bug in all current versions of the Fiori Client Application.

The incident is currently being investigated by the development team so I do not have an solution yet but as soon as SAP comes back with a solution (probably a newer version) I will update this message again

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Sharath M G Sep 02, 2017 at 04:08 PM
0

Strange, as it seems peculiar that links will be reset based on click types.

Did you observe any error in the browser console when the apps are tested based on device types?

Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

No unfortunately there are no errors in the fiori client application logs. And on a browser (both on desktop and tablet) the problem does not even occur so the console logs show no error as well (also not in the simulated tablet mode)...

It seems to be a very strange bug of the fiori client app itself and it is already fixed in the iOS AppStore version 1.9.4 (on android we were never able to produce the same issue) so hopefully (if it is indeed a bug) it will be fixed on the SMP SDK version as well soon.

0

Okay. It seemed to something peculiar to the client.

Was there any SAP Note implemented by your team to fix the issue? or Did SAP release an update to the app, to fix it?

0
Former Member
Sharath M G

No not yet, the fiori client of the iOS AppStore is not the one we use. I only installed it to see if it gave the same issue and on 1.9.3 it did and on 1.9.4 it doesn't anymore. However, on the SDK I tried the latest patch available (patch 6 SP15) and there the issue still remains. So at the moment I am in contact with SAP for a solution but it isn't fixed yet. If our issue is fixed I'll update this SDN message as well but I assume SAP will fix it through a patch

0
avatar image
Former Member Nov 02, 2017 at 09:07 AM
0

It took some time for SAP to investigate but SAP did confirm eventually that it was indeed a bug and I just got the response back that it should be fixed in SAPUI5 version 1.44.24 which came out last month. I requested our Basis team to implement this update and will update and close this SDN Message when I indeed see that the issue is solved.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded