I have a large organisation that has operations spread across the globe in multiple coutries. If I have to design a Global Chart of Accounts for the org, with a <b>single</b> Controlling Area, I have the following queries:
1) How do I meet the statutory requirements of the many countries in the group?
2) Will my budgeting be done at the operating (global) chart of account level or at the country chart of account level?
3) Will it be possible to get reports for Profit and Cost Centres with reference to the country chart of accounts?
4) Certain accounts that are appearing in the country chart of accounts, would they need to appear in the operating chart of accounts as well?
5) GL account description is given at a chart of account level. How can I get a different description at the company code level? As of now, I see a country chart of accouts as the only solution. Is there an alternative?
Appreciate a prompt answer, points will be awarded!