Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

SAP BO Mobile App for iOS - Design Studio report not running

Hi guys,

I am using the following setup:

  • SAP BO Design Studio 1.6 SP03 Patch 1
  • SAP BI Platform 4.2 SP03 Patch 2
  • SAP BO Mobile App, Version 6.6.3 for iOS 10.3.3 [it`s a custom app created from an xcode-file, but this should not matter for my question]

The BO mobile App should display Design Studio reports but does not. As soon as clicking on the application it starts running/ rendering forever and nothing more happens:

I cannot really find an error in the settings or logs. I have found some notes, but none of them brings a solution.

I have even created a very simple Desgin Studio test app (only one text bar) but receive the same error message.

Strange thing is that WebI reports are running perfectly and are shown as desired. This should prove the validity of the general settings and the connection.

The app is running in an encapsulated environment via Citrix and is started from Citrix Secure Hub.

Can anyone help?

Thank you + Best,

Marcus

img-0025.png (71.1 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Former Member

    ...for example I have found this SAP note which pretends to have the solution:

    SAP Note 2491465

    But obviously not since I am using a newer version of the BI mobile app.

    Thank you!

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Aug 22, 2017 at 04:55 PM

    Hi Marcus,

    Did you check the product availability matrix (PAM) and the DesignStudio documentation on the prerequisites? A short browse indicated that you might need a higher BIP version. Also you should consider that DesignStudio 1.6 SP03 is relatively old compared to BIP 4.2.

    Kind regards

    Martin

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 30, 2017 at 10:14 AM

    Hi all,

    in the meantime I have found this note: SAP Note 2488458

    Even if we are not using the old version of the BO Mobile (BI Mobile 6.5.x),

    I guess it is worth testing with BI platform 4.2 SP04 and Lumira Designer (Lumira 2.0).

    I`ll keep you posted in case of any significant progress.

    // Marcus

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Update, 06/09/2017

      Updated the server to BI platform 4.2 SP04 Patch 2 and Lumira Designer 2.0 SP02.

      Error is still the same.

      Waiting for the Lumira Designer client being rolled out and then I`ll test again with a *.lumx-document.

      But if you know anything about this, I`d be very grateful.

      Thx,

      //Marcus