Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Changed Stored Procedure on MSSQL and database results do not match data in Crystal Reports

I have an existing Crystal Report that I feed data into from a stored procedure on MSSQL DB. I recently added a new column and new values on a case statement inside stored proc (MSSQL server side). I hit refresh button on crystal reports page. The only one value showed when I selected browse data on the column. I went into database expert and to command to re-execute the proc. I hit refresh on the column that has the new data. Once I did that I right clicked on the column and selected browse data. The only value there was the last 'new' value on my case statement from my stored procedure. I did verify the data from the database side and everything was fine there. Afterward running out of options I recreated the stored proc and tried the report again. I was unable to see the other values. Any suggestions?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Aug 17, 2017 at 08:29 PM

    Within Crystal click on Database and Verify Database, see if that works.

    What happens if you create a new report, do you see the new info?

    Don

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member
      0

      I did verify the database but I still can only see the last value of the case statement below (>365):

      -- it ran fine prior to adding the last three values below

      Here is the browse data from crystal

      When I went to create a new report I still was only able to see >365 value. I even restarted the PC.

      I also removed the last three values from when the problem started. I verified the DB and no data came back for that column.



  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 18, 2017 at 07:17 PM

    The data reappeared on the crystal report but I have no idea why it disappeared

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 21, 2017 at 05:38 PM

    Strange, likely something server side...

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded