I have searched this and other forums, however not been able to find a resolution to my issue of restoring BO servers configuration via CCM from PROD to DEV enviornment. Please see below for steps I have done.
OS : Win2k12 R2 x64
BO : 4.2 SP2 Patch 0
DB : HANA SPS12
Take a back (biar file) of BO Server Configuration via CCM --> Selecting "Back up Server Configuration"
1. From the DEV CCM, stop the SIA
2. Copy the FileStore from PROD to DEV into the DEV BO server.
NOTE: This is done every night because our PROD and DEV environments are on different networks. We copy the File Store from PROD to DEV, which brings in all objects related to PROD; this is done via Scheduled Task.
3. In DEV - Connect to BO CMS via HANA STUDIO and deleted all rows related to PROD BO servers, using SQL to delete BO Cluster information:
delete from cms_infoobjects7 where typeid in (16,17);
delete from cms_infoobjects7 where objectid=4;
Question: Is this the right SQL to use for deleting all PROD BO servers in preperation for DEV BO servers to be restored?
4. From the CCM tool on DEV BO Server, select "Restore Server Configuration". This is the beginning of restoring BO Server Configuration of Server intelligence Agent (BINODE1)“
5. Used 6900 for temporary CMS Port and enter credential to connect to DEV HANA instance
6. Entered CMS name and the user name and password of an account with administrative privileges
7. Specify the location and name of the BIAR file that contains the server configuration settings to restore.
NOTE: A summary page displays the contents of the BIAR file, however it is blanked instead of listing all my DEV BO servers.
8. A warning message indicates that existing server settings will be overwritten by values in the BIAR file, and if you proceed, the current server settings will be lost.
9. Clicked Yes to restore the server configuration settings.
10. The BIAR file is read--> HERE IS WHERE IT GOES WRONG.
11. Error message appeared: "Errors occured while readying the BIAR files"
I checked the logs:
RESTORE Log: "Unexpected internal error occurred. The CMS terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0"
Another log named: error_CMS6900.log: "33007 Cannot find the user, group or object 4. 35101 The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Cannot find the user, group or object 4. Object 4 not found)
After this I have tired different options:
1. Add node with CMS - FAILED
2. Add node with default servers - FAILED
At this point I would like to be back at the point where the default BO servers are installed. Any help/advise would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!