Skip to Content
0

Is the UIAPI from SAP Business One SDK 9.2 PL4 compatible with VS2015?

Aug 16, 2017 at 07:49 PM

47

avatar image

I have developed some UI Add-Ons on VS2010 and recently I started to migrate them to VS2015, but each Add-On I've migrated has presented problems once installed on the client's computers. They all crash with only a "Add-On has closed" message and our contact info.

I recompile the Add-On on VS2010 and it works fine.

Anyone knows if this is an issue with VS2015 or Business One 9.2 PL 4?
Has anyone experienced this behavior?
Is there a table/list with compatibles IDEs that I've missed where it says VS2015 is not compatible?

For now, all Add-Ons are working (compiled in VS2010) but we're planning on moving to VS2015 because we want to take advantage of some capabilities in the IDE

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Edy Simon Aug 17, 2017 at 05:31 AM
0

Hi Hector,

There should not be any problem with the VS versions.
I migrated from VS2005->VS2010->VS2012->VS2015 without problem.
When you open using VS2015, did you try to debug run it? see where it stops?
Did you set the property of Interop.SAPbobsCOM and Interop.SAPbouiCOM
Embed Interop Types = false
Copy Local = true

If still not working, try remove the reference, clean the solution, remove the DLL from the Build Path, and do a re-build of your solution.


Regards

Edy

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Hector Ivan Corea Sanabria Aug 21, 2017 at 03:22 PM
0

Yep, I checked and tried your suggestions.

  • When you open using VS2015, did you try to debug run it? see where it stops? Yep, I (in my test environment) have no issues whatsoever
  • Did you set the property of Interop.SAPbobsCOM and Interop.SAPbouiCOM
    Embed Interop Types = false
    Copy Local = true

    Yep, I always make sure of that from the beginning.
  • If still not working, try remove the reference, clean the solution, remove the DLL from the Build Path, and do a re-build of your solution.
    Done too -____-

For now, what I did was to recompile the add-ons in VS2010 while I find a solution.

What makes me feel better is to know that you have upgraded your developments without issue, so it must be just something I'm doing wrong, which means is something that can be fixed! :D

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded