Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

CMS problem, disappearing components

Hi.

I am having a problem with our CMS...

When one of our developers releases a component they have been working on the component can be seen in the 'Consolidation' tab as expected. I select the relevant component, click on 'Import' and the component is processed. The import finishes with either a successful or unsuccessful status. When I move to the 'Assembly' tab the component which I have just imported can not be seen at all. If I move back to the 'Consolidation' tab it has disappeared from there too and can not be found on any of the other tabs.

Has anybody experienced a problem like this before? Any help, advice, suggestions of what to check would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Simon.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 16, 2007 at 07:58 AM

    Simon

    Not sure if this may help...

    Note 780297 - Troubleshooting using CMS for XI

    https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/780297

    Have you upgraded/patched recently?

    If so, did you patch the CMS?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 17, 2007 at 08:59 AM

    Hi Barry. Thanks for that note number. Didn't help this time but I'll keep it for later!!

    In the end I found SAP Note 961373 which described my problem, though the solution didn't work first time.

    The note describes an SQL statement which can be applied to check if the note is valid - if it returns entries then the note is valid and the fix SQL statement provided should be applied. I did this, it altered a table entry (in CMS_TQUEUE). When running the check statement afterwards it returned no values, showing that the fix statement had done what it should have done. However, this did not remove the nullpointer error from the Assembly tab and did not get the CMS working.

    I raised the problem with SAP, SAP's advice was to apply the note again. I ran the check statement again, it returned entries despite not doing so the previous evening. The entries altered by the fix SQL statement appear to have been restored to their previous values. I applied the fix statement again, which again altered one table entry. Once again, the check statement returned no values. This still did not fix the problem.

    SAP's advice after this was to apply the note once more. Exactly the same as described above, no fix. However, overnight the table entries did not reappear. The check statement returns no values. The nullpointer error has disappeared from the Assembly tab and the CMS is once again working.

    In summary, the note had to be applied three times over three successive days to be successful.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded