We have a requirement that the time recorded in CAT2 transaction shld go for 2 levels of approval. As for as I hav checked, only one level of approval is possible with the assignement of Tasks for the data entry porfile in the SPRO transaction.
I have an idea to do the above..
1) A background task can be created to trigger an event which will start the workflow.It has to be assigned to the data entry profile.
2) The first approver can be given a decision step in which the details of the submitted details can be shown.
3) The second approver can view the std report output to do the approval after the updation takes place.
The issues here I think are..
1) the approval or rejection can happen on the whole & not on individual records
2) the task assigned for the Data entry profile shld be a dialog step.But I want to assign a background task.
How about using the funciton Exit 'EXIT_SAPLCATS_006' ?
Can anyone guide me in this???