Skip to Content
0

Sales Order Settlement to CO-PA with RA

Aug 03, 2017 at 11:02 AM

121

avatar image
Former Member

Hi Gurus,

Here is the thing:

  • We have a Line ID of category E (Revenues, included in WIP and RA)
  • We have several Line IDs of categoryK (Costs, work in process can be created, included in RA).
  • We have several Line IDs of categoryD (Special costs, not included in RA nor in WIP).

For every (I mean every) Line ID we have a separate cost element (cat. 31) assigned.

We created of course OKO6 and KEI1. They are consistent, they are in 1:1 relation in terms of structure assignments and cost elements and Line IDs.

In OKO6 every assignment has its own settlement cost element.

We even included in OKO6 and KEI1 the cost elements (cat. 31), which we actually had to since the system reminded it.

We have separate Value Field for each assignment.

OKG5 (Assignment of Cost Elements for WIP and RA) is carefully designed, all Line IDs has their cost elements.

And everything is working fine except the CO-PA settlement for the line ID of K.

As it turned out, systems clubs together values of line ID category K and allocate to the first Value Field which is associated with category K.

Let’s say I have 3 assignments in OKO6 and the same 3 in KEI1: 10, 20, 30. They have their own Line IDs of K. Each assignment has it’s own Value Field.

Everything goes to the Value Field in assignment 10.

Is this an OSS issue or I’m missing something?

Feel free asking for more clarification.

Cheers

Joe

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

avatar image
Former Member Aug 04, 2017 at 02:51 PM
0

Hi Joe,

Check PA structure source cost element or cost element group cost element assignment. if all 3 cost element is assigned to 1st group?

may be due to this all 3 line ids cost going to one value field.

second things, you have separate line ids for each cost bucket, what about technical 31* cost element and assignment to lines ids?as Waman mentioned check COSB table for validation.

Thanks,

Rau

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

No, as I tried to explain all Line IDs has a separate assignments in OKO6 and KEI1 and they have separate settlement cost element and separate 31 cat. cost elements. The cat. 31 cost elements are assigned to respective assignments too. No mixing, no clubbing. I've just double checked.

THX

J

0
avatar image
Former Member Aug 07, 2017 at 11:39 AM
0

When I do RA analysis I can see that PRD line ID is not updated. I don't know why.

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi Joe,

Check line id assignment to cost element in OKG5 and line id assignment to 31* cost element in OKG4.then

check PA structure source cost element or cost element group cost element assignment .all steps should be configured correctly to flow data to COPA value field.

Thanks,

Rau

0
Former Member

That's what I wrote. I've checked and they are correct.

0
Waman Shirwaicar
Aug 04, 2017 at 09:40 AM
0

Dear Joe,

Once RA is performed the accrued values are stored in table COSB and this is the source for the settlement to COPA. So based on the values stored in table COSB and the customizing in tcode KEI3 for the PA transfer structure used for settlement the values will flow to COPA.

regards

Waman

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi Waman,

I have two separate Line IDs: one for Standard Costs (STD) and one for Production variance (PRV).

Both line items have different cat. 31 cost elements. They are both assigned to the respective assignments in OKO6 and KEI1.

According to the Sales Order line items, STD=50, PRD=6.

Despite this, in COSB I can see 56 for STD and this is the value which hit CO-PA in the value field which is assigned to STD. Both items in COSB have the RA Category COSR - Cost of Sales with Requirement to Capitalize.

(In COSB we can see the cat. 31 cost elements so we can check if cost element was mixed up. They were not, actually)

Line item with PRD has nothing.

THX

J

0
Former Member

I guess the problem originates at Result Analysis (KKA3) when the system refuses to assign production variance to Line ID PRD despite the fact that there is separate cost element assigned on OKG4 and separate cost elements assigned in OKG5. Instead, loads it to STD. That's what I see in KKA3. And in COSB. So, from here I think, whatever magics I do in the CO-PA transfer structure, the whole stuff will end up in STD.

THX

J

0