Skip to Content

Connection Failed: Nested Exception.Native connection to the backend system

Hi All,

We have created some VC applications using Visual Composer 7.0 (SP12) and SAP NW BI 7.0 (SP12). The applications access BI queries to show some data based on Input taken from users.

After doing transport of all iViews created with Visual Composer to Quality Server we are getting following error when we submit the input data:

<b>Nested Exception. Failure to execute native function. Connection Failed: Nested Exception. Native connection to the back end system is broken.</b>

The strange thing is - we get the drop-down data in the input form (which we are fetching from Characteristics of BI Queries) which comes from back-end but after we submit the same all the queries throw same error as stated above.

Has anyone faced such kind of trouble?

Please help.... As its on QA its a bit Urgent....

Thanking in anticipation....

Swapnil

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 31, 2007 at 11:58 AM

    Hi Swapnil,

    I have faced a similar problem. Check for the permissions of the portal user on the backend BW system.

    Regards

    Nidhi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Thanks for reply Nidhi.

      The portal user i am using is having all the permissions on BI Back end. In fact we are using only one user login to transport BI queries as well as Portal Content. The user is having all the roles in portal and all the roles (authorizations) in the BI system as well.

      Still we are facing the problem.

      We created one more test user to check this, for that user also we are facing same problem. We are using SSO and all these portal users have corresponding BI logins.

      We also cross-checked all the transports and there were no errors.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 03, 2007 at 09:04 PM

    Good Afternoon.

    I have same problem.

    Did you solved the problem???.

    Best Regards.

    Luis Gomez.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi ALL,

      We resolved the problem. The problem was a kind of mixture of Network and Transport troubles in clustered environment. we also had to transport all the queries once again...for some reason characteristics were fetching up the data and the query output port was not giving any data..but our BI team has sorted everything properly now...

      thanks for suggestions...

  • Aug 07, 2007 at 07:48 PM

    Hi All,

    We faced the same problem and could not identify for a while.

    But when we tested the queries(define/test queries from the context menu), we found that one of the query definition was not correct due to some changes on the back-end. When we replaced/regenerated the query we could deploy the model without any errors.

    So each and every element of the model has to be clean.

    Thanks,

    Raju Veludandi.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded